Media Blog Reflection

Before this blog, I honestly didn't really consider how much media influenced me and the world around me. I knew that it had some sort of effect on me, but I didn't realize how many aspects of my life it controls. This blog has made me more analytical. Before, when I saw advertisements, I wouldn't really bother to try and understand it. Now, I find myself trying to find the implicit messages within the ad. 

My media consumption has slightly changed. I am now down to an average of five and a half hours per day on my phone. I don't know if this change has been a result of me becoming more aware of how much media I consume or if it's just a coincidence. Either way, I'm happy that I am spending slightly less time on my phone.

I think this blog has been a good opportunity for me to observe and reflect the world around me. In the digital age we're in, kids like me are exposed to so many ideas and messages and concepts through media. Being able to take those ideas, analyze them, and write about it was a great outlet for me. I was able to freely express my opinions on modern media and its agenda. I'm definitely glad we got to create these blogs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Booksmart

My Relationship With Media

MissRepresentation in Film